Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pink: I'm a Reformed Slut!


Pink is featured in the latest issue of Glamour, opening up about her personal life and making it very clear why sex is a motif on her latest album, The Truth About Love.
"I'm a reformed slut," she tells the magazine.
  • Pink Glamour Cover
  • Pink in Glamour
The singer - who stopped to comfort a crying child during a set last month - does add that she uses the word "slut" to actually take away its meaning, citing society's double standard.
"It's my very unsophisticated way of taking the power back," the artist says. "I've always had an issue with [the notion that], 'OK, we've both decided to do this. Why am I a slut and you're the player? You didn't get anything from me that I didn't get from you.'"
In the early 2000s, meanwhile, Pink opened for 'N Sync and shared a cute story with the publication about a certain member of that boy band.
"Joey Fatone was in love with me," she laughs. "He took me to Friendly's on a date and he bought me an ice cream. Such a sweetheart. He asked my dad's permission!"
It didn't work out for those two, of course, which ended up being great news for husband Carey Hart.
"Long-term relationships are an everyday choice. It's harder to be in a marriage than it is to bounce from one relationship to the next," she says of her marriage. "We're good because we communicate and we've grown up together, not because we don't fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment