Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lea Michele Discusses Future Of 'Glee,' NYC Spin-Off


Now that Miss Triple Threat Lea Michele has kicked off her movie career with a box-office champ, how much longer will we be seeing her on "Glee"? After all, her character Rachel is a senior at McKinley High, and there's no way she'll be held back from pursuing her dreams to become a superstar, right?
When MTV News caught up with Lea recently, we asked her what she knows about the future of Ryan Murphy's showstopper and what rumblings she's heard about getting her own spin-off or shooting the show in New York.
"I think that that would be an incredible idea, so we'll just have to see what happens," Lea said of doing a spin-off based in the Big Apple. "I definitely think everyone is looking into all different options, so I think it will be something really exciting. I can't say what it will be, but I think it will be something really fun. I know that me and Cory [Monteith], Chris [Colfer], Naya [Rivera] are graduating, Amber [Riley] too. We love our job, love this show and we really would be happy to be on it in whatever form it would be, so we'll see what happens. But I'm a New Yorker so if Rachel Berry gets to hit up New York City I'm going to be the happiest girl in the whole world."
Regardless of whether a spin-off happens or not, Lea emphasized how incredibly keen she is on shooting in NYC.
"When we did our episode of 'Glee' in New York City for whatever reason it felt like these kids were supposed to be there. Rachel and Kurt [specifically], so I definitely think that there is life there but you never know."
What do you think is in store for McKinley's graduating seniors? Tell us in the comments or on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment